Installing a HP DeskJet 1050 printer
These are the instructions to install a HP DeskJet 1050 Printer. If you don’t have the original installation disk, these instructions are going to be really useful for you. If this is not a new printer and you already unbox it, you can go to Step 2. To download the drivers for the HP DeskJet 1050 printer, go to step 6. If you need to buy Ink Cartridges replacements, go to the end of the post.
HP DeskJet 1050
If this is a new printer, you have to be sure that you are removing all tape and package materials. Remember that there is more tape inside the printer, when you open the ink cartridge access door. Pay attention to this or you are going to have problems later.
- A) Remove all tape and plastic protections. If you don’t remove them, they will accumulate dust and dirt. Take them off.
- B) Make sure that you have everything listed in the box.
- C) Take the printer out of the box.
- D) Remove all tape and package materials from the outside of the printer and place the printer in horizontal position.
- E) Open the front access door, open the cartridge access door, and then remove the tape and cardboard from the inside the Printer.
- F) Close the cartridge access door.
- G) Raise the input tray.
- H) Pull out the tray extender.
- I) Make sure you remove all hardware and materials from the box before discarding or recycling them. Then close the ink cartridge access door.
Plug in HP Deskjet 1050 printer
- A) Connect the power cord into the rear of the Printer.
- B) Connect the power cord to the power supply, and then into a power outlet in the wall.
- C) Press the Power button to turn the printer on.
IMPORTANT: Please do not plug in the USB cable yet.
Loading paper into the HP 1050 printer
- A) Slide the paper width guide to its outermost position.
- B) Load a stack of 216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11 in) plain paper into the paper tray, print-side down. Slide the stack of paper in until it stops.
- C) Slide the paper width guide snugly against the paper.
HP 61 Ink Cartridges for HP Deskjet 1050 printer
This printer needs 2 HP 61 Ink Cartridges: one Black Ink Cartridge and one Color Ink Cartridge. Follow the next instructions to install them correctly. To know more about the compatibility of HP 61, click here.
- A) Find the Ink Cartridges included in the box.
- B) Open the ink cartridge access door.
- C) When the printer turns on, the carriage will move to the center of the printer, in position to install the Ink cartridges.
- D) Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.
- E) Remove one of the ink cartridges from its package. Be careful to only touch the black plastic on the ink cartridge.
- F) Take off the plastic sticker.
IMPORTANT: Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Do not replace the protective tape on the contacts. Handling these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
- G) Hold the ink cartridge by its sides with the nozzles toward the printer, and then insert the ink cartridge into its proper slot.
- H) Insert the Black Ink Cartridge in the right slot.
- I) Make sure that you are inserting the ink cartridge in the correct slot and the push it with your finger gentile until it snaps into place.
- J) Repeat steps ‘E’, ‘F’, ‘G’, ‘H’ & ‘I’ with the Color Ink Cartridge.
- K) Insert the Color Ink Cartridge in the left slot and snap it into its place.
- L) Close the ink cartridge access door and wait about 30 seconds for the alignment page to automatically print.
Configure HP Deskjet 1050 Printer
Before you can use your printer, any new Ink cartridge needs to be align first. To do this, the printer is going to print, automatically, an alignment page. Take the alignment page and follow the next instructions to align the HP ink cartridges correctly:
- A) After loading the paper, the printer automatically prints an alignment page.
- B) Take the alignment page and lift the scanner lid.
- C) Place the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass, and then position it according to the engraved guides around the glass.
- D) Close the scanner lid.
- E) Press the Start “Copy Black button” or the Start “Copy Color button” on the control panel of the printer. The printer aligns the ink cartridges.
- F) The printer will align the ink cartridges automatically.
- G) Wait until the Power light stops blinking, which indicates that the cartridge alignment is complete.
Driver HP DeskJet 1050
To be able to install the Driver for the HP DeskJet 1050 printer, you must have the hardware already settled up first, otherwise, the software will not let you go through. You must wait until the installation software ask you to do it. That is the main reason why you cannot plug in the USB cable yet.
- A) Find the installation software included in the box.
- B) If for some reason you don’t have or you are not able to use the software that came in with the printer, go to Step “D”.
- C) Insert the software disk in your computer and open it in the Windows Explorer (you can find it in “My Computer“).
- D) You can download here the drivers & software for the printer for FREE:
HP DeskJet 1050 Driver
Driver HP Deskjet 1050 Windows 10 32-bit
Driver HP Deskjet 1050 Windows 10 64-bit
Driver HP Deskjet 1050 Windows 7 32-bit
Driver HP Deskjet 1050 Windows 7 64-bit
HP Deskjet Ink advantage 1050 driver Apple MAC
NOTE: This package includes the installation software and Drivers, installer and optional software.
Congratulations. You have finished installing your HP DeskJet 1050 printer successfully. Nice job!!
✅ HP DeskJet 2130 Printer
✅ HP DeskJet 2134 Printer
✅ HP DeskJet 2132 Printer
✅ HP DeskJet 5739 Printer
✅ HP OfficeJet 3833 Printer
✅ HP OfficeJet 3831 Printer
✅ HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer
✅ HP DeskJet 2135 Printer
✅ HP DeskJet 1115 Printer