Installing a HP LaserJet P1102w printer
Follow the next instructions to install printer HP LaserJet P1102w; download the driver for free and configure your printer correctly. You can also check the HP 85A TONER compatibility and how to set it up correctly. If you only need the HP P1102w Printer driver, go to step 5.
If this is a new printer, you have to be sure that you are removing all tape and package materials. Remember that there is more tape inside the printer, when you open the ink cartridge access door. Pay attention to this or you are going to have problems later.
- A) You should take any tape out and also all plastic protections. It makes no sense to keep them there, they are just going to accumulate dust if you let them there. Take it off now.
- B) Make sure everything is in the box. In the box you will see and small list of what is inside.
- C) Take the printer out of the box.
- D) Remove all tape and package materials from the outside of the printer and place the printer in horizontal position.
- E) Open the cartridge access door and remove the remaining package materials from inside the printer.
- F) Make sure you remove all hardware and materials from the box before discarding or recycling the box and package materials and close the access door.
HP 85A TONER for HP LaserJet P1102w printer
This printer needs a HP 85A TONER to work: this is a black Ink TONER Cartridge. Follow the next instructions to install it correctly. To know more about the compatibility of HP 85A Toner, click here.
- A) Open the print cartridge door.
- B) Remove the print cartridge packaging.
- C) Remove the print cartridge from the printer.
CAUTION: To prevent damage to the print cartridge, hold the print cartridge at each end.
- D) Remove the packaging from inside the printer.
- E) Remove the orange clip from the end of the print cartridge.
- F) Gently rock the print cartridge back and forth to distribute the toner evenly.
- G) Bend the tab on the left side of the print cartridge until the tab breaks loose, and then pull the tab to remove all the sealing tape from the print cartridge.
CAUTION: If toner gets on your clothing, wipe it off with a dry cloth and wash the clothing in cold water. Hot water sets toner into the fabric.
- H) Insert the print cartridge, and then close the print cartridge door.
Loading paper into the HP LaserJet P1102w printer
You need to be sure that you are loading the paper in the correct way. It is a little different that an average HP printer. To load plain paper in the main input tray correctly, follow these steps.
- A) Slide the paper length and width guides to their outermost positions.
- B) Load plain paper in the main input tray with the top forward and the print side up.
- C) Slide the paper guides inward so that they rest against the stack of paper.
NOTE: To prevent jams and skewing, always adjust the side and front paper guides.
Plug in LaserJet P1102w printer
- A) Connect the power cord to the back of the printer.
- B) Plug the power cord into an electrical outlet.
- C) Press the Power button to turn on the printer.
IMPORTANT: A blank page might print when you turn on the printer for the first time. Please do not plug in the USB cable yet.
To be able to install the Driver for the HP LaserJet P1102w printer, you must have the hardware already settled up first, otherwise, the software will not let you go through. You must wait until the installation software ask you to do it. That is the main reason to not plug in the USB cable yet.
- A) Find the installation software included in the box.
- B) If for some reason you don’t have or you are not able to use the software that came in with the printer, go to Step “D”.
- C) Insert the software disk in your computer and open it in the Windows Explorer (you can find it in “My Computer“).
- D) You can download here the drivers & software for the printer for FREE:
HP LaserJet P1102w Driver
Download Driver HP LaserJet P1102w Windows
Download Driver HP LaserJet P1102w Apple MAC
NOTE: This package includes the installation software and Drivers, installer and optional software.
Congratulations. You have finished installing your HP LaserJet P1102w printer successfully. Nice job!!
How to scan with HP LaserJet P1102w?
✅ HP DeskJet 2130 Printer
✅ HP DeskJet 2134 Printer
✅ HP DeskJet 2132 Printer
✅ HP DeskJet 5739 Printer
✅ HP OfficeJet 3833 Printer
✅ HP OfficeJet 3831 Printer
✅ HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer
✅ HP DeskJet 2135 Printer
✅ HP DeskJet 1115 Printer