How to scan with a HP printer?
Follow the next instructions to scan documents or pictures with an HP printer. This instructions work for any multifunctional HP printer.
If you haven’t install the software to use your printer yet, visit first own HP Installation manuals section, and then continue from this point.
Prepare the Scanner lid
- A) Turn on the printer, lift the scanner lid and place the document or picture with the print side down on the scanner glass, positioning it according to the engraved guides around the glass.
- B) Close the scanner lid.
Open HP Printer Assistant
HP Printer Assistant is the app that you will use to control you multifunctional printer. You can normally find it installed in your computer with the same name of the model of your printer. For this example we will use the HP Deskjet 2510 printer.
- A) Open HP Printer Assistant and select ‘Pint & Scan’.
- B) Click ‘Scan a Document or Photo’, so the scan assistant will open.
C) Select the format and ‘resolution‘ of the document and then press ‘Scan’.
If you need to save de document as a PDF, select PDF in ‘File type’.
Scan and save
Once you press ‘scan’ the process will begin. Wait until is over.
- A) Once the process is complete, you will see the document / picture scanned in the screen.
To scan more pages of the same document, press the plus button ‘+’; to remove pages press the cross sign ‘X’
- B) Click ‘Save’ to save the results in your computer.
If the document has more than one page, wait until you have added all pages before you press ‘save’.
Congratulations, you have scanned a document with you HP printer successfully. Nice job!!